Wednesday 13 October 2010

Facial Hair

Last week we learnt what goes on with fake facial hair in movies and such. So we pretty much made the hair ourselves, starting off with Moustaches. I was sick that week so I only got up to making two stashes and a chin piece. 
David Bowie in The Prestige

The tutor that was teaching us that week works for the company that made this moustache for David Bowie in the Movie, The Prestige. Don't know about you guys, but I looovvveedd that film :)

Yeah, making these stashes was more of a mission than I thought it was... to make it sound less confusing, we pretty much had a transparent piece of lace pinned down to a cushion head, and we had to sew each individual hair onto the piece of lace to give it a more realistic look when you place it onto the skin. 

After each hair is sewed on, it looks like this. Haha. Well unfortunatly its not done. The stash then has to be groomed by combing and curling it. 
After its curled, we comb it out then trim it depending on what kind of moustache we were trying to achieve. 
This is one of my sets, the hairpieces are stuck on with spirit gum. Very sticky stuff... and seriously when I had it on it was soo uncomfortable, I don't know how guys cope with that. 
Ines, Jess and I
Haha, well I thought it was pretty realistic. It was a pesty process but in the end you make something you can use loads of times till it wears out, and its pretty shweeeet! :)

ElbiiX.

No comments:

Post a Comment